Lake Superior & Ishpeming Railroad License Plate
- 6" x 12" Standard American Tag
- .032 gauge aluminum
- includes 4 mounting slots
- 1/2" radius rounded corners
- American Made Product
- SUNSHIELD® UV Protective coating
- Image is reproduction - final product might differ slightly
The Lake Superior and Ishpeming Railroad. a U.S. railroad offering service from Marquette, Michigan, to nearby locations in Michigan's Upper Peninsula, began operations in 1896. The LS&I continues to operate as an independent railroad from its headquarters in Marquette.
At the end of 1970 LS&I operated 117 miles of road on 241 miles of track (188 on 388 km); that year it reported 43 million revenue ton-miles (63 t·km) of freight.